HA 2000 Review

manufacturer: Hartke date: 07/25/2003 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

One channel bass amplifier. Effects loop, 200 watts, 7 band graphic equalizer, lo contor, and hi contor, 2 pre-amps, tube and solid state.
 8.2
 9.5
 6.8
 4,557
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
HA 2000 Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 25, 2003

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Sound: I play a Custom P-bass, and a DeArmond pilot bass. I play in a punk band, but i also play alot of rock, swing, jazz, and funk. I send the Hartke HA2000 through an Ampeq SVT-480, and it sounds quite good. If you turn both pre-amps up to around ten it started to distort, but it usually isnt up that high. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This ampis very reliable, I have gigged without a back up many times, something i couldnt do with my old Crate combo. I has never broken down, and i dont think it ever will. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for a couple years now, and I have played through many many amps and this was the best for the buck, though if you gig alot i would recomend getting a high with an di out. I also own Crate combo and this blows it away. Its a very loud amp, running at 140 watts at 8 ohms (200 watts at 4 ohms) i have never turned up past 5 and i have played at a 1000+ seat auditorium, with 2 guitarists with Marshall stacks and a drummer. // 10

Comments