IBZ10B review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Ibanez: IBZ10B

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

The sound on this amp is worth jack squat. I've fiddled with the knobs on it endlessly trying to get a good tone, but to no avail. As if that's not bad enough, when I play with the volume knob anywhere over 5, I get horrid buzzing and popping from the speaker. The actual wattage on this thing is more like 5 watts, not ten.

I've been playing rock and punk bass for over 6 months now. I mainly play guitar, however (1.75 years). If I get in the mood to play around on my bass, I'll usually pass it up just because of this worthless amp. In fact, I've taken to using my Frontman 15G to amplify my bass guitar because of its better tone and actually amplifying my signal.

Could I take this to a gig and rely on it without a backup? Why would I be stupid enough to take this amp to a gig? Number one, if you played with an acoustic guitar, your sound would automatically be drowned out, because this amp is so small and you can only turn the volume up halfway. It is durable. I will give it that. You could probably drop it off a building and it wouldn't break.

The IBZ10B is compact, 10 watt amp, that is made for the bedroom performer in mind. There are four equalizer knobs (Bass, Midrange, Treble, and Prescence, respectively) and a volume knob. There is only one channel on the amp, but considering it came with the Jumpstart bass pack from Ibanez, you can't really complain. For those who like to jam along to CDs, there's a CD input plug, and a headphone jack for midnight jam sessions.

electroz
    The actual RMS power of IBZ10B is 5 Watts as it's power consumption is 12 Watts. The rated 10 Watts refers to the music/program power which the amp is capable to deliver over a very short time - typicaly 1 second (sometimes music power is called 'one second power'). Many products, mainly the budget ones, are advertised in such way. The cheapest devices with strange 'brand names' are often rated as 100...000 Watts PMPO but they should be only treated as joke gadgets, because the PMPO standard y does not exist really and refers to pseudo professional gimmick calculations.