SW35 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SW35

Purchased from: SamAsh

Right now I'm using it with an Epiphone Accu. Jr. Bass, but hope to upgrade hopefully soon to a Fender Jazz or P-Bass. It can get loud if you want it too, especially with the gain control and the 10 db boost. I've had it so loud and the bass cranked, that it shook my whole house.

Like I said beforehand, I play rock, and some blues, and it suits them too a T. I've been playing guitar for about 2-3 years, and bass for about a year, and this by far has been the best guitar or bass amp I have come across. If it got stolen, I would definitely buy it again, or maybe an Ampeg or something. The kickback design and the gain were what sold it for me. Plus you can't beat the price for a 35 watt.

I would most definitely depend on this amp. I've had it for a week or two now, and have loved it. In the two weeks I've had it, nothing has happened to it, and hope that it never will. Before this, I had a Fender Rumble 25, and it was sold to me broken, and I took it back, and am glad I did, because even though that was a Fender, I think this one was even better than it.

This is a basic 35 watt bass amplifier. It does have a gain control, with a 10 decibel gain boost, which is switchable on and off. It also has a 5-band EQ, with bass, middle, treble and presence. It also has a limiter, which will cut power to the speaker when you get it too loud so you won't blow the speaker, which will come in handy for me. It also has a kickback body design, so you can get the bass sound up from the ground. I play mostly rock and punk, but dabble into some blues and jazz, and this amp handles it quite well. I use this amp for practice by myself, and on most weekends with my band, and it can stand up to 2 other guitars and some drums.