Groove Bass 310C review by Kustom

Kustom: Groove Bass 310C

Purchased from: Cash Converters

Still using the old Ibanez SR-100 with P pickups, sounds great! Suits rock/blues perfectly, haven't had a chance to try it with metal yet, but I can't see it having a problem in that area. I play with a pick and this amp just has the best bright tone I've heard, it is on par with the Warwick Profet heads for sound quality. The horn does distort if you push it to 3dB attenuation or so, that might be due to use by it's previous owner though.

This amp works great for any genre really, the EQ is just great for tone-shaping, and is certainly a step up from my Warwick BlueCab 60. The only downside about this amp is it's weight (~60-70kg or 150lb), so you'll want a trolley to cart it around (it does have kick-back wheels, but they are inadequate for major movement). For $900 this amp bloody well worth it.

Only problem has been the mute button sprung out on me (came unattached), that's easily fixed with some super glue though. If this thing died, something tells me I wouldn't be alive to use a backup. It's built rock hard and I can tell it's had a few knocks when I look at it, but it's still going strong.

This amp is fairly simple when it comes to features, you have 2 equalizer stages (a 3 band EQ then and 9 band graphic EQ. The 3 band EQ has selectable ranges to boost, the bass can boost bass or sub-bass, mid can boost low-mid or high mid, etc. Has the obligatory mute button, also has a solo function which boosts the volume quite a bit. It's fairly versatile, the awesome equalizing along with my ME-50B lets me squeeze some beautiful tones out of the 3 10" Eminence speakers. There's also a horn with adjustable attenuator on the back to control it's volume. Has XLR direct out, effects loop, footswitch for mute and solo, a toggle for pre or post EQ, and a switch for active/passive input. No inbuilt effects on this, but that doesn't worry me.

TandyJake
    Yeah, I own one of these. I got mine on sale for about $500. It was a steal, this thing is amazing! Super loud and all around sounds great.
    TandyJake
    I own one of these and it is amazing! I got mine for $500 and it was a steal! I constantly had to battle with the guitars to be heard on my Peavey and with this I can blow them away at half volume. Great amp.