KBA 10X review by Kustom

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Kustom: KBA 10X

Purchased from: Sounds Around

I'm currently using an Encore P-Bass rip off which has split coil pickups. The pickups themselves are noisy as I have used this amp with humbuckers totally clear though the amp does have this little ringing sound sometimes. I play punk and metal and it works. I can get a Mike Dirnt style more like his earlier work when he was using a Gibson instead of a Fender. I can also get a very metal style with the low knob turned all the way up just a hint of distortion but very low just today when I was playing Master Of Puppets I was in heaven. When you are really hammering away with a pick or pluck the hell outta your bass the signal tends to break up into really gritty distortion, beyond any use really. This amp will allow you to use guitar effects pedals which I find convienent.

I rated this amp on how it suited me so my ratings mighnt really matter but if the descriptions of what I play match you then it works well. This amp is a good amp if it was lost or stolen I wouldn't get it again though I might stay within the Kustom brand. I got this because its a starter amp, thats what I wanted and thats what I got. The only fault I can find with it is the wierd ringing that I mentioned earller and the distorting of the signal when playing gets fast and furious. I'd reccomend this amp to a beginner and I believe the bassist from trivium uses a Kustom cab so there ya go.

This amp like most things nowdays is built solid. The drummer has knocked it over countless times and I have knocked it over now and again and it keeps on playing as good as ever.

This amp has 1 channel, 3 band EQ, headphone jack, 1 input. This is simply a practise amp maybe to be used with a guitarist using a 10/15watt amp and an unamplified drum kit. Quite good for a beginner. If your looking for something to get a really detailed sound with your not looking for this, this is a simple practise amp.