KBA 10X review by Kustom

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Kustom: KBA 10X

Purchased from: Mothers Music

When I purchased this amp I had an Ibanez SR1000EWN Prestige bass which sounded great on it. And just last year I baught a Warwick corvette 5 string bass which when I played my B string the amp didn't sound to great. I guess it just doesnt't play the low sounds as nicely. I play metal and rock style music and when I play fast or whith notes close together it doesn't sound out too well. the amp only makes clean sound and when the amp is cranked it makes a buzzing sound. I used my Bass PODXT Live foot station with this amp and it over powered it with destortion.

I baught this amp because I was looking for a small practice amp and I have a Kustom KPM 8420 mixer, an Kustom EF-15 Speaker that I use for my shows so I they are amazing, So I figured that I should try out one of thier amaller product for practicing and I do use it alot. it's small enough that I can use it in my appartment and not make anyone angry. If I had it stolen I would definately buy a new one because for the price it's an amazing amp.

Durability wise it's pretty damn stable. I was carrying my gitar and my amp down the stairs at my drummers apartment and dropped it down like 2 flights of stairs and all that happened was the volume knob fell off and I lost it. The sound of the amp didn't change and nothing on it snapped off or bent. This is a very strong amp.

I've had this amp for about 2 years now and I really can't complain. I would never us it for a show though because it's not powerful enough. But it's perfect for learning songs and practicing on. When I'm practicing with my band I use it because it's small and easy to get around. It has a Headphone jack and no effects or anyhting but it's still a great amp.