KBA 10X review by Kustom

Kustom: KBA 10X

Purchased from: Louis Alexander Music

At low bedroom allowed volumes this amp sounds great however, the higher the volume goes it becomes heavily distorted, this may suit some peoples style great, but not mine. With everyone, people like their own sound/tone and with this amp you can easily make your own sound with the EQs. I purchased this amp in a set containing this and an Epiphone eb0 beginner bass. I must say I'm not to keen on both of these together as I personnally don't like the Epiphone. When I combined both of these I would of given it a rating of 3 out of 10. However, when I took this amp to my dads and plugged his bass into it, I must say it sounded beautifull! I don't actually know the exact model of my dads bass but I do know it's a Yamaha in the bb series. So basically this amp won't make a crap bass sound great but will make a good bass sound great.

I play a lot of metal, grunge and rock through this amp, but also the odd blues riff or jazz line, and they all sound great. The makers of this amp made it to fit all styles of music. The only complaint I have about this amp is that the higher the volume, the higher level of distortion made although, on a low volume no distortion is present and it gives a very warm clean tone. If this was stolen I would definately go out and buy it again because it portable and great sounding. In conclusion, if your are looking for a practice/bedroom use amp, stop searching, you've found it!

This amp is highly dependable! I have dropped this amp so many times without even a small dent made, I also once got this amp completely soaked walking to school in the rain, and it sounded fine afterwards. (If you were wondering, I dried it off before playing). Recently, me and my band played in the school play and for the performances I used this amp, and strangely it truly fit the bill. I didn't need to put it too loud so no distortion problems arose.

This amp is a small budget, beginner practice amp for bedroom use only (learning, practicing etc) so you can not expect too many amazing features however, the features it has works very well to change the sound to any kind you would like. The features it has are: 3 EQ (bass, middle, treble), 1 master volume knob, 1 headphone port, 1 instrument input, 1 channel (clean). I would love for it to have a CD input, but this is not the place to say this.

ZombieModeRocks
    16watts and you can play with a drummer? serious? I got a 100watts at home and it barely cuts thru
    RMachine
    About the distortion/crackling/buzzing noise it makes at louder volumes; mine only does this sometimes but when it does do it I've noticed that if I put something fairly heavy on it, like my foot, it stops buzzing. I don't know why this happens but it does