KBA 16X review by Kustom

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Kustom: KBA 16X

Purchased from: Local shop

My bass is a $300 Ibanez with stock pickups (passive), and I play metal mostly, but also some jazz, classical, and funk. I gotta say it does not furfill my needs 100%, but I can live with it. This amp is pretty loud for a 16 watt. I have used two of these connected, for a small club gig. I would not recommend this amp for gigs or band practice, because when you turn it up to match the double bass drum sound, it gets little distorted, and there's noises. I have this DigiTech multieffect, and when I use distortion at high volumes, you can only hear the screaming feedbacks, nothing else. This amp is only good for practice alone, or practice with guitar. I wish this had an active EQ and some noise gate built in it.

For pretty much every kind of music, this works (with some knob twisting). I have been playing for 1 year, and I can get Cliff Burton sound with this. If this was lost, I would buy a Gallien-Krueger Stack ($700) for replacement, cause this is a practice amp. I love the deep sound this has, but I hate the noise. for this size, this is definitely the best, but for gigs and stuff, I recommend at least half stacks.

As I said before, this amp is a practice amp, and unless you have 4 of these connected together, you shouldn't gig with this. This amp is pretty well made, I never broke this, or made a dent on this.

This amp is a good practice amp, it is basically good for every music style. There is a CD input, guitar input, and headphone output jack. Its EQs are not active, but it almost sounds like an active, 'cause it gives a good growl used without anything between the guitar and the amp (such as a stompbox).