KBA 16X review by Kustom

Kustom: KBA 16X

Purchased from: Local Shop

I use this amp with a fretless Ibanez and BTB405QM, all with stock EQ and pickups. This amp can pull anything with little tweaking in the eq area. It's really noisy at high volumes but so are almost every other amp in the market. I used to use this at band practice, with a double bass drummer, and this amp was almost loud enough for me to be heard. Since the speaker is only 10 inches or something, it distorts at high volumes. At low volumes, this amp sounds mighty fine!

I have a broad style range and this amp suits for all of them, although it takes time to set up for diffrent styles. I've been playing for almost 2 years, and I don't think I'm gonna buy another amp soon since I don't gig much. If this amp was stolen I would get SVTs, its worth the ridiculously high price, but rightnow I'm a little short of cash so I'm sticking with this one. I compared this amp to other maker amps of same size and the only thing better were Custom-made amps, Ampegs, and Mesas.

I dropped this amp from my car a few times, and I kranked it a lotta times, but hell, I haven't seen a slightest hint of this thing breaking down. This amp can take any beating!

This is a fine amp for both beginners and pros who like to jam alone in a small room at times. It's solid state, 30 watts (probably not RMS), 4 band EQ, CD in, headphone out, 1 channel. This amp's sound reminds me of Ampeg SVT series, without the detailed EQs and headroom.

TSaxnBassist
    I have this amp too, and these guys nailed it on the dot with this thing. Not the greatest amp out in the world, but it's good enough for the younger and beginner players. Shouldn't be used for gigging or band practice, but is perfect for when you just need a little amp just to practice on alone or with a guitar.
    duzit89
    isn't this the amp with a few effects on it? or am i talking about something else.. hmmm