RB1 review by Laney

Laney: RB1

I'm using it with a completely stock Yamaha bass with p/j pickups, and it sounds sweet through the amp. Really awesome tone versatility, as I said. Not noisy at all, I turned the amp up to full with the volume on the bass about halfway, but no noise. But I must say, the amp is really loud for 15w. I was playing in a hall, and it somehow managed to overpower a mic'ed keyboard when the amp was at full volume and bass at half volume.

For a small little 15w amp, it's pretty darn impressive. Really love it's tone. If it was lost or stolen I'd probably cry a little, then I'd either buy a new one, or save up and get a bigger Laney amp.

This thing is solid. Really, really heavy and hard. I'm really big, and I can sit on it and play without fear of it breaking. It's been with me for about 2 months, and no problems so far. I've gigged it once, and my friend gigged it once as well (he mic'ed it). It's only 15 watts, though, so I probably wouldn't gig with it if I was playing with a guitarist or a drummer. But for small gigs like the one above, I'd definitely not need a backup.

No idea what year it was made in, but the person I got it from bought it in December last year. 15 watts solid state, 1 input, Compressor with gain knob, 3-band EQ, volume, line in, headphone out. Extremely versatile amp, can get tones ranging from trebly and biting to low and bassy with just a bit of eq-ing, and minimal tone adjustments on the amp. I play anything ranging from '70s classics to modern rock, and it suits it fine. Really loud for such a small amp.

stevegoetsch
    Laney Amps. kick ass for their size...always have and this amp is no exeption! I use Laney amps for my bass and electric, I bought this amp so I would not have to drag around the big stuff. People who use other brands of amps always are blown, away by the Laney sound, if they didnt have so much money invested already in their equipment they would have Laney's