RB2 review by Laney

Laney: RB2

Purchased from: Hooters - Watford

I use it with a Yamaha rbx with passive pickups so I plug into the normal input socket. There is one channel which makes things simpler and the gain is very good and doesnt fade at low volumes and the cleaner sound doesnt become distorted even when you feel like rattling the walls with the power this amp packs. The volume is quite surprising for an amp of this size.

This works very well with my rock band and I can turn up the gain and flick the compressor on when I jam with my metal band also I often use it for a blues sound so this stretches across different genres (like the ampicons keep reminding us). Buy this amp! It will fit into your bedroom and gig very well and its a rare amp that can do that.

I have only had this for a short while but the three gigs I have done with it have gone smoothly without a single hitch so this amp is a very solid performer. The casing is very sollid and has a distinct "furry" finish unliket the cheap plastic that some marshalls have. The knobs are very chunky and easy to grip, and will not snap off in a million years.

This is a very good amp that shouldnt be considered as a practice amp. It has a lot of good features like the active/passive inputs, compressor, gain control and full EQ with para mid controls. There is a headphone jack, di for recording or pa system, a ext speaker jack and a CD in with the stereo red & white plugs.

sixtythree
    Thanks to this review, I bought the RB2. It's really affordable for beginners or experts. It's great! I only set the master volume to 2 and it already packs a punch. I haven't tried to max out to volume yet because I'm afraid my neighbors might get pissed.
    skinar
    im getting on of these off a mate for 60 he bought one with a starter pack and doesnt play anymore. ill be using it as a practice amp though
    r-a-t-b-a-g
    this is my 1st amp, and is a hell of a lot better than the 65 watt amps i've used at school.
    gunlak
    ratbag maybe its not a bass amp you use at school. like a normal auditorium speaker?