RB2 review by Laney

Laney: RB2

Price paid: € 110

Purchased from: 2nd hand

I used it for guitars Ibanez RG505, Ibanez S450, Ibanez RS 405 Deluxe, thru pedals Marshall GV-2, Ibanez SM7 and basses Yamaha RBX374, Yamaha RBX270, Yamaha Aria SB404/5, some old Yamaha Pbass Bb Series, some sh-tty bass called Aster o.O, Squier P-Bass Affinity, now with some MM Stingray copy bass. I play from blues, funk, progressive to metal, and it covers it all, pretty versatile amp, it has his gain channel, but with compressor on its really not noisy or distorted even on 80% volume.

My impression... f--kin' hardcore, for its price, power, features, reliability, versatility its great match, I play guitar for about 7-8 years and bass for about 6, I have changed lot of gear, there is nothing to be hate about this amp, of course it isn't the best 30W amp on earth, but what you get for this price its great. If it were stolen, lost, broken I would probably buy Laney again but RB3 his bigger brother, if you thinking about to buy it, BUY IT you WON'T REGRET! CHEERS!

It's pretty badass lill' amp, metal corners, carpet cover, metal grill over speaker, I always gig witouth a backup, it's been thru lot, bouncing in the trunk of f--kin' YUGO (probably planets worst car) on -10 degrees C. Bad electricity, handle with 2 marshalls 30w and 60w and a crazy drummer on gigs and practices for over 2 years while its mine, never had any problems with it.

On my opinion amp was made in 2008-2009, I bought it from 1st owner, the guy played some jazz fussion or something like that do band practices and few live gigs. Amp is pretty bada-s for a lill' fella, have built in compressor, gain, hi-low input, D.I. Out, headphones jack, pretty versatile, maybe it has a lack of punch for slapp. I use this amp for band practice, live gigs in smaller clubs of cours thru mixer and loud speakers, for its 30w it doing great job.