RB3 review by Laney

Laney: RB3

Purchased from: Gear4music

I've used this amp with all of my basses, but the one that stand out most for me is when I use my Fender Mondern Player Jazz Bass, the fat low end humbuckers with the level and gain turned up gives an amazing sound. You can really fiddle around with the EQ and get some really cool sounds and tones out of this amp. However after playing bass for a while you would want to buy some pedals anyway and experiment.

I've been playing bass for about two years now and I started off playing through a 150watt PA system. I decided to buy this amp to get different sounds and have an amp I could take to a band practice without too much trouble. This amp is perfect for playing a wide range of styles and genres. If I ever had this amp stolen I would probably buy a small cabinet instead. Compared to the PA I used before the RB3 gives you so much tone. Overall this is a great amp, and for the money its a great upgrade from a small practice amp in your bedroom or a PA.

This amp is an absolute Tank! Its indestructible. It has a kick-proof grill on the front to protect the speakers. When I purchased this amp online I had a big surprise when I saw the size of it. I imagined it to be quite small, it wasn't its massive, however I was very pleases, my neighbors no so much!

The RB3 is a 65watt combo, mainly used and sold as a practice amp, however this amp is so loud it could probably withstand being used for a small gig. It has gain, bass, frequency, level and volume, this amp also has a built in compressor. It has a headphone input on the back, a built in DI box which is great when recording. I play a wide range of different genres of music and this amp is brilliant for all, from real heavy stuff like Korn to the real light jazzy stuff.

peter.crawfor
    My RB3 was great for about three years then it became unreliable,losing sound without warning.Took it back to the shop twice, but of course it would work perfectly and the fault couldn't be found. My electronics engineer bro finally traced it to an internal plug, but it is proving hard to fix.