LowDown LD150 review by Line 6

Line 6: LowDown LD150

Purchased from: 4sound Skelleftea

I normally play 2 basses with this amp. The first one is an Eagle AB VI (6-string, active), and my homebuilt bass (4-string, passive J-style). Both basses sound amazing through it, and I play everything from metal to funk, and a lot of other styles, and the amp performs amazing. It's extremely versatile, and I like that my FBV Express pedal from my Spider III 30 guitar amp works with this amp, so channel switching is possible when playing. Also the distortion is awesome! I haven't had the time to tinker around with sounds (bought this like a week ago), but it gets very close to the sounds that Fear Factory uses, and maybe with a 5-string J-bass, it would sound identical. I've played this amp at fairly high volume, and it handles it extremely good! No distortion at all! A world apart from my old 16w amp.

If this amp was stolen, I wouldn't buy a new one. I'd buy two, just in case it would happen again. Before deciding to buy this, I tried a Gallien-Krueger Backline 115, and a Hartke Kickback 15, and althought the Hartke sounded amazing, the Line 6 was a bit more versatile, and had some things the Hartke lacked. The only thing this lacks is a 1/4" out jack, for recording. I think it can be done through the headphone jack (my guitar amp has the same for recording and headphones), so it might not be a problem. It does have XLR out, so it isn't really a big deal if you have some form of mixing table (which I don't). A small problem on an awesome product though.

Nothing has happened so far, but as I said, I've only been a proud owner for a week. I wouldn't even think of getting a backup at all, it seems really sturdy, and reliable. The "cab" feels well built, and there's a sturdy metal grill in front of the speaker, so it should be protected if something bad would happen to it.

Flaming Bass
    I'm getting one of these bad boys pretty soon, read the reviews and stats of this, and the fender rumble and bassman. I know that this is no substitute to plugging in and listening to each one individually, but hey, i trust the judgment of the UG musicians..