LowDown LD150 review by Line 6

Line 6: LowDown LD150

Price paid: € 350

Purchased from: Key Music Belgium

I play an Ibanez SRX 590, and I play all sorts of styles: metal, blues, funk, jazz, reggae. The Line 6 Lowdown is not noisy at all. Sometimes, I even forget it is on. The only setting it is a bit noisy is the grind distortion channel. The amp's versatility lacks a bit of colour, but I can get most tones out of it I want.

This amp suits any genre or any kind of bass player, if you don't have the cash to cough up to buy a Laney or Hartke. I've been playing on it, approximately one hour a day, and it still does it's job well. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy an other amp, because I've got a little more spare money now. A lovely detail about it by the way, is it's furry finish.

As I said before, this is a sturdy amplifier. It has been bumped against, rolled around etc. and it has never, ever let me down. I never gig with a backup amp, just for the simple reason I don't have one. I have done about 20 gigs with it, and never had any problems.

The Line 6 Low Down is a bass amp, that is ideal for starters and advanced players, Who need a sturdy amp with the necessary wattage to gig with, for a reasonable price. Me being a long time guitarist, I started out one year ago playing bass. At first, I was planning on buying a Randall amp, but the sales-guy in my music shop convinced me to buy this one. It is a versatile amp with five different sorts of sounds, and one synth-channel. You can choose between clean, R&B, Rock, Brit and GRIND, the amp's distortion channel. You can store up to four settings in the internal memory of the amp. It's a pity that there's not a foot Switch included to Switch between 'em. Other features include a Headphone jack, an mp3/audio-input and three effects: Filter (auto-wah), Octaver and chorus. (I don't use them alot, except for the chorus sometimes) The nicest feature is the internal tuner, to remain pitch-perfect all the time. The amp has 150 watts power, and it is definately enough to gig in in small venues etc.

BlackWolf24
    Great amp, I buyed it with my fender, awesome sound, awesome effects, real funky sounds. I hate R&B, but the R&B style on the amp is funk, awesome for slapping.
    ronhoward
    I had the 175 for a year and a half. A lot of good features, and you can get an ok tone out of it. Definitely a solid practice amp. Loved the built in direct out. But for gigging you'd be better off saving up and buying something with better tone.
    jumpaside
    I've had my 175 for over a year. Great amp. I play alot of heavy music and I don't take it easy with it. Great for the slowest breakdown or your hard rock riffs. Also I bought the FBV express which helped alot.
    Dickdust
    This amp is class. I use the 68 Marshall Super Bass model for my Hofner CT 500/1 and the 74 Ampeg SVT for my J-Bass. The sound is amazing. And it's ****ing LOUD.