LowDown LD150 review by Line 6

Line 6: LowDown LD150

Purchased from: A Friend

I use a Fender Squire Affinity P-Bass, it has the regular pickups on it. I mostly play hard rock and this amp works very well with it. Sometimes the bass will overwhelm the rest of the band so I have to turn that down a lot so nobody complains. But it's usually at my youth group that it bugs them. It has a chorus, filter, octaver(which is broken on mine), overdrive, synth (which is also broken), and different equalizer settings on the far left. It isn't distorted too much, but I usually never get to play loud. That distortion setting is such a monster. I love using it when I have the chance to.

I play hard rock and the amp delivers the sound I want perfectly. I've been playing for almost a year now. I also own an acoustic Ibanez bass, a Berhinger overdrive pedal, and a Memphis bass, currently under repairs. I think this amp is perfect just the way I bought it. I'm actually thinking of selling it for a smaller amp, this amp is amazing, but it's pretty big and heavy and hard to carry around. I just love how I can plug an electric guitar into it and make it sound good as well as a bass. I hate how big it is and how hard it is to transport everywhere. My favourite feature is the overdrive. I bought it because I really needed some equipment, and the price was great so I took it.

YouTube preview picture

I can depend on this amp for just about anything. The equalizer settings are: Clean, R&B, Rock, Brit, Grind, and Synth. I would totally use this anywhere I could. It has never broken down on me at all. Some of the paint on the front is scratched off because I had to fit it in the back of a small trunk and it got scratched off. The only things that don't work are a couple effects and stuff. I turn to this amp for everything I play. I haven't tried to see if a mic would work well through it though.

I don't know what year, I bought it from my friend who's step-father found it in a dumpster with a bass. You can play just about any style on this amp. I usually play rock, metal, and funk, and the amp gives many options on effects and equalizers. I think it has one channel. There's a passive and active input depending on the type of bass you have. It doesn't have channel switching as far as I'm aware of, but I haven't explored it that much since my bass is a Squire. I wish I had the synth setting on there, but that setting and the octaver doesn't work at all. There are a few I don't use like the "filter" setting and the "drive". I use it for practice, jamming, and performing. The power is very universal and I think it's great.