LowDown LD300 Pro Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 03/28/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Line 6: LowDown LD300 Pro
LowDown LD300 Pro delivers five carefully crafted amp models that can take you from vintage punch to modern grind. You also get a critical set of effects that no bass player should be without.
 8.6
 7.2
 2,658
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
LowDown LD300 Pro Reviewed by: Gmp211, on march 28, 2008

Purchased from: Toms River Music

Sound: The sound is amazing considering how easily it is to manipulate any sound that is desirable. Along with the amp models and effects, it is extremely easy to get any sound that is desired. However, tone differs greatly between amp models, making the volume seem different, which gets a little bit weird. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is built like a beast. Reinforced corners inside and out with sturdy solid wood making up the amp enclosure. Along with the retracting side handles, this amp is very durable. The thing I like about this amplifier is that you can turn it on without having to worry about any changes in sound during transportation. Since the memory can save the channels. But the sound is always the same, and I have never had this device ever fail on me. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first saw this amp I knew I was in love, and still am. But this amp really brings home all the hype it makes. All the tone and sounds are on point with whatever I want it to be, being easily manipulated. Also, the features are found only on the Line 6 series of amps. This helps with cost, not having to go buy expensive pedals. Also, being 300 watts and at the price I paid is mind blowing to me. And I Don't have to worry about reliability from any short stacks at the same price. This amplifier has everything you would really ever need, except the guitar! // 10

Comments