Little Mark II Review

manufacturer: Markbass date: 04/14/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Markbass: Little Mark II
On the front, the Markbass Little Mark 2 comes equipped with an 4-channel EQ, as well as VLE (vintage loudspeaker enhancer) and a VPF (variable preshape filter).
 8.2
 7.4
 3,388
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Little Mark II Reviewed by: aceofbass131, on april 14, 2008

Sound: Holy crap! I am blown away by this baby after 6 months. I use it through a Line 6 Bass PODxt Live that it shares my case with. Just to prove how versatile the amp is, without my Line 6, I play whole metal shows with just the markbass plugged in! Plus, when I play jazz and worship, I just turn up the VLE nob and out come the smooth tones without the raspy attack of my active bass. I have pushed this little baby up to 7 and then I have to leave the room because of how loud it is. I know that volume is a relative thing, but for that, just head down to guitar center and try any markbass for that matter. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Being a switching amp, it produces pure-tones without the susceptibility to heatsinks like most tube powered amps. I have to say I will never need to back this amp up. I say that because it sits safely inside my road-runner rack. I bought the warranty not for sound and gig purposes, but at the time, I didn't have the rackmount. Be prepared to either buy a case from Markbass or buy the $30 rack ears. It has a very sturdy construction, but it does not come enclosed. // 8

Overall Impression: Being new to the brand, I came in skeptical. And left as a huge fan. I would promote this over any Ampeg or GK. Solely because it can do both! Being a bassist for 3-4 years, I knew what tone to go for. I play everything from worship music to heavy metal. This amp does it all! I must say that the construction would be something to change, but that's if you can't afford a bag or a rackmounted case. // 9

Comments