Bass State B150 review by Marshall

Marshall: Bass State B150

Purchased from: HW Audio

I use a Fender Jazz Bass, and with the Marshall they compliment each other very well. My music style is more 70s rock, and with this amp it reall doesnt matter about your music style as with the EQ you can change it to suit yourself. When I first played with it in a hall, the sound was amazing even with no compressor. The variety in sound is endless, I'm still playing around with the EQ getting a beter sound every time.

This amp is a good match for whatever style you play. The thing I love mostabout it is the range in sound, but the only thing I dislike about it is the weight, it took 2 of us to get it out the shop and up the stairs and its only about 2 foot tall. But overall I would recomen this to any bass player who is serious about what thay are doing.

Marshall have always been known to be very reliable and their right. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I always use this amp clean with no backup or mid range speaker or through PA.

I got this amp about a a year ago now and has been a dream to me. In the Bass State series there are 3 different amps, there is the B30, B65 and the B150 which I have. The B65 has a 5 way EQ system and the B150 has a 7 way EQ. The main reason I got this amp was because I gig alot and I wanted a reliable amp that wouldnt cut out when I had the urge to turn it up a little and this amp just seems there is no limit to what it can do.

skinar
    hmmm might hahve to get one of these. im saving for a dean vendetta 5 string
    TeekWan
    Gotta disagree wholeheartedly with the reviewer... This amp is a total lemon and shows how much Marshall relies on its well-known and revered brand and not the sound itself... If this amp has 150W of power then I'm Incredible Hulk - it does not have enough power to cut through the metal band's performance and by that I consider two guitar amps not louder than the drumkit. My bassplayer always kept it almost to the max and it was choking and mumbling but nothing was happening. Then his friend rebuilt the amp's poweramp and presto - the power was there! In all, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it was paid too much for what it gave and all that because of the magical logo... Learned his lesson not to trust the big names tho...
    SlamBump
    I picked this amp up reconditioned for my local guitar shop... I do love it to bits, it overdrives nicely however I do notice that compared to other amps of similar power, it is a little more muddy when on the same settings... I dont know if its just me or that the amp is stuffed with mashed potato. great amp once the right settings are found though...just bloody heavy