Bass State B150 Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 08/12/2004 category: Bass Amplifiers
Marshall: Bass State B150
The input blend control allows you to select totally solid state performance, for sharper more percussive bass styles or introduces a single ECC83 pre-amp valve to add extra warmth and a softer feel to the bass.
 8.8
 9.5
 8.1
 6,929
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Bass State B150 Reviewed by: rikohindle, on august 12, 2004

Purchased from: HW Audio

Sound: I use a Fender Jazz Bass, and with the Marshall they compliment each other very well. My music style is more 70s rock, and with this amp it reall doesnt matter about your music style as with the EQ you can change it to suit yourself. When I first played with it in a hall, the sound was amazing even with no compressor. The variety in sound is endless, I'm still playing around with the EQ getting a beter sound every time. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Marshall have always been known to be very reliable and their right. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I always use this amp clean with no backup or mid range speaker or through PA. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is a good match for whatever style you play. The thing I love mostabout it is the range in sound, but the only thing I dislike about it is the weight, it took 2 of us to get it out the shop and up the stairs and its only about 2 foot tall. But overall I would recomen this to any bass player who is serious about what thay are doing. // 10

Comments