M-Pulse 360 review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: M-Pulse 360

I play a Musicman Stingray and I play rock, it suits the bass very well and I was very surprised at how tubey it sounds, the EQ seems pretty subtle to me and the Parametric EQ can be very useful if you know how to use it. It can get really loud and that is very certain in the low end department. My only gripe is that the volume knob is very unbalanced and gets loud too fast. It can get to Reggae lows, to funky highs to tube distortion that's comparable to a Big Muff.

It's a great amp but the power might be a issue to some, I play Musicman basses and a Kustom 410H cab. If it were stolen I would probably just buy a GK 1001RBII because I'm planning on getting one anyway. I love it but I'm not sure I really appreciate it. I wish it had Speakon outputs but that's it.

As you know, Mesa is durable as hell. I don't expect it to break down on me. I would gig without a backup but of course I would run a DI Line just in case something happens. I don't have a rack case but I will eventually buy one soon. I think the tubes might need to be replaced soon and I don't really care for the Mesa tubes, I'll just buy Mullard tubes or Electro Harminx tubes.

I don't know much about this amp, it has two 12AX7 tubes in it and it has Mosfets for the power section. When I got it in the mail I was so happy, the first thing I did was run upstairs and unplug the SWR Bass 350 I had I was pleased with it, the purple power light lit and the blue EQ light turned on. It has a Parametric EQ and a built in Compressor. It's got two channels, one for Passive bass and one for Active bass like my Stingray. I wish it had a tuner mute but that's what the M-Pulse 600 has. I use this amp for practice right now and it very loud. I can expect this to do really well against a drummer and a Marshall half stack. It's kinda boring and the parametric EQ can be boring.