NC250 review by Nemesis

Nemesis: NC250

Purchased from: Music City

I am using this with a Precision Bass copy, and it can be changed to suit many styles of music. This amp can really improve your sound if your bass isn't really that good; my bass is relatively inexpensive but this amp can make it sounds quite decent. The sound of the amp is inherintely very bassy. When the equalizer is flat, it is quite bassy (it is a bass amplifier). That being said, you can easily get a nice mid-rangey or trebly sound. When you turn up the Treble, it can get somewhat noisy, however.

I play alternative/classic/progressive rock and this amp suits it fine. I got a discount from the store I bought it, so at the price, I would buy it again. However, I offer this advice to you: 250 watts in a combo amp is a lot, and much more than is necessary if you are just jamming with your buddies. If you want lots of headroom, it's great, but if you don't, then getting something smaller will still suffice. There is nothing really that stands out as missing. This is a nice amp, and I recommend you give it a second look if you are in the market for a gigging amplifier. It doesn't seem to be as popular as a lot of other manufacturers (Ampeg, Gallien-Kruger, Fender), but I think you'll be pleasently surprised. Happy playing.

I was carrying this amp in the rain and it wasn't affected at all. I have also accidentaly taken out the patch cord without turning it off first, and even dropped it once before, and no damage done. I would definitely play a gig without backup.

This amp is quite versatile. The semi parametric Equalizer in addition to the standard equalizer really helps you dial in a specific tone that you want. This primarily makes it more bassy, or cut through more, depending of course on what you desire. One input, headphone jack, effects loop, recording output are present. It also features a compressor, which is very useful when you are playing with high gain. There is an 'Enhance' control, which essentially seems to control how bassy and rumbly the sound is. I use this amp whenever I play with other people, and I assure you, it has enough power for just about anything you will need it for. It's very loud and can easily be heard over the guitars, vocals, and drums.