NC250 Review

manufacturer: Nemesis date: 04/18/2006 category: Bass Amplifiers
Nemesis: NC250
It includes switchable compression, an Enhance control, three band equalization plus one band of semi-parametric EQ, a headphone jack, D.I. output, effects loop, and tuner output. The extension speaker jack is wired, allowing to deliver their maximum power to the internal speakers and allowing users to safely add almost any extension cabinet.
 8.5
 7.5
 1,881
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
NC250 Reviewed by: TestForEcho, on april 18, 2006

Purchased from: Music City

Sound: I am using this with a Precision Bass copy, and it can be changed to suit many styles of music. This amp can really improve your sound if your bass isn't really that good; my bass is relatively inexpensive but this amp can make it sounds quite decent. The sound of the amp is inherintely very bassy. When the equalizer is flat, it is quite bassy (it is a bass amplifier). That being said, you can easily get a nice mid-rangey or trebly sound. When you turn up the Treble, it can get somewhat noisy, however. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I was carrying this amp in the rain and it wasn't affected at all. I have also accidentaly taken out the patch cord without turning it off first, and even dropped it once before, and no damage done. I would definitely play a gig without backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play alternative/classic/progressive rock and this amp suits it fine. I got a discount from the store I bought it, so at the price, I would buy it again. However, I offer this advice to you: 250 watts in a combo amp is a lot, and much more than is necessary if you are just jamming with your buddies. If you want lots of headroom, it's great, but if you don't, then getting something smaller will still suffice. There is nothing really that stands out as missing. This is a nice amp, and I recommend you give it a second look if you are in the market for a gigging amplifier. It doesn't seem to be as popular as a lot of other manufacturers (Ampeg, Gallien-Kruger, Fender), but I think you'll be pleasently surprised. Happy playing. // 8

Comments