RS320 review by Nemesis

Nemesis: RS320

Purchased from: Bass Central

I play a Fender Jazz Bass, both 4 sring and 5 string, as well as a Epiphone Thunderbird and Hofner. I also play through a Korg Pandora PX48 effects box. This thing booms and has plenty of punch to be heard over both a Marshall half-stack and a Fender half stack and the drums. I have never needed to turn ou the volume past 50% and I am happy with the sound. It pushes a lot of air! There is little, if any, distortion, even when the windows are rattling.

Overall, the quality of the sound and the power of the amp is as good as an Ampeg, or any other amp I tried. Eden is comparable. It came highly recommended, and the only problem has been reliability. Otherwise I am satisfied with my selection, satisfied with the power and satisfied with the sound. The overall rating I gave this amp is a litter lower because of the reliablity factor. If it wasn't for that, I would rate it much higher.

This is the one area I have some concerns about. I have owned the amp for about 8 months and it is currently in for repair. Fortunately it is still under the manufacturer's warranty, but I've been without it for the past 2 weeks. Needless to say, I'll be taking a backup to gigs for a while. While I have used the amp exclusively for gigs and practices with the group I play with, I don't use it for practice at home. To say I am disappointed with the reliablity of the amp so far is an understatement. It may, in the long run turn out to be a reliable amp, but thus far, I'm not real happy with the reliability and/or durability.

I have a Eden Nemesis RS320 combo amp, with a Nemesis 210 extension cabinet. I play classic rock, R&B and oldies and the amp has plenty of power and a full rich sound. Plenty of power for small and mediem size venues. It has a headphone jack, but wish it had a connection for my iPod. But other than that, it has all the features I was looking for when I purchased it.