RS320 Review

manufacturer: Nemesis date: 04/28/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Nemesis: RS320
The RS320 power section includes switchable compression, an Enhance control, three band equalization plus one band of semi-parametric EQ, a headphone jack, D.I. output, effects loop, and tuner output.
 6.5
 7.5
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
RS320 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 28, 2008

Purchased from: Bass Central

Sound: I play a Fender Jazz Bass, both 4 sring and 5 string, as well as a Epiphone Thunderbird and Hofner. I also play through a Korg Pandora PX48 effects box. This thing booms and has plenty of punch to be heard over both a Marshall half-stack and a Fender half stack and the drums. I have never needed to turn ou the volume past 50% and I am happy with the sound. It pushes a lot of air! There is little, if any, distortion, even when the windows are rattling. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is the one area I have some concerns about. I have owned the amp for about 8 months and it is currently in for repair. Fortunately it is still under the manufacturer's warranty, but I've been without it for the past 2 weeks. Needless to say, I'll be taking a backup to gigs for a while. While I have used the amp exclusively for gigs and practices with the group I play with, I don't use it for practice at home. To say I am disappointed with the reliablity of the amp so far is an understatement. It may, in the long run turn out to be a reliable amp, but thus far, I'm not real happy with the reliability and/or durability. // 5

Overall Impression: Overall, the quality of the sound and the power of the amp is as good as an Ampeg, or any other amp I tried. Eden is comparable. It came highly recommended, and the only problem has been reliability. Otherwise I am satisfied with my selection, satisfied with the power and satisfied with the sound. The overall rating I gave this amp is a litter lower because of the reliablity factor. If it wasn't for that, I would rate it much higher. // 7

Comments