RS700 review by Nemesis

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Nemesis: RS700

Price paid: A$ 1475

Purchased from: Bass Centre Melbourne

I use this amp with my two Schecter basses (Hellraiser-4 and C-5) both of which have EMG pickups. I do not have to do any adjustment to the settings when I swap between basses, there is no sound variation at all. The amp suits my style of playuing perfectly, I play a variety of music, from rock to funk to jazz to even a bit of light blues, and the amp so far has stood the test. There is no amp buzz at all. and even at the loudest setting (and beleive me that is loud) there is no sound distortion at all using a clean setting.

Overall, this is a beatiful amp. Very versatile to a mulitude of music styles. I've been playing on and off for over 20 yrars, and this is the last amp I will ever purchase, as it suits me perfectly (and beleive me, it was a hugh improvement from my Behirnger BX4500). The people at Eden we great at answering my questions about this head (thanks heaps Lane). I would replace it in a flash if it were ever lost all stolen, I wouldn't even look at any other models. I tired out some Marshalls, Fenders, an Ampeg and even a Trace Elliot before I purchased this head, and it stood out head and shoulders above the rest. My only complaint about the RS700 is that it is DAMN heavy, I mean really DAMN heavy.

This amp has so far served me very well, and as yet has not broken down. I can happily say I would depend on this amp, and do nat take any form of backup to a gig. My only complaint is that there was no protection around the amp, so I quickly sorted that by putting it in a rack case (which also makes it damn easy to transport)

This amp is one of the new updates series of stand alone Nemesis heads made by Eden Electronics. The RS700 features a new, unique preamp design and an all FET output stage with 700 watts RMS @ 2 Ohms. This high powered amp has all the features of the older RS400, plus edge, gain boost, selectable DI pre/post, front panel DI level control, as well as a smooth solid FET sound with plenty of power to Drive multiple cabinets. It also come with a footswitch. This is an amazingly versatile amp which I have used in smaller venues as well as in larger open air concert style gigs (it is bloody loud! ). So far I have not found anything I wish the amp had, it is briliantly featured.

rdrewry
    Great review. Just got my RS700 shipped to me. What type of rack case did you get?
    zichy1
    Got a custom built 3U rack so I could fit in my rack tuner as well
    Centurion
    This amp is killer, had mine for a little over six months now. It's got bags of power for such a good price! And you're right it definitley does not leave you wanting when it comes to features.
    rdrewry
    Has anyone used this amp with multiple cabinets? If so what is your set up?
    456stringbass
    I have a NOS RS700 coming.I've ran a lot of different amps before but never an Eden, so I'll see how it sounds soon.