Crush PiX CR25BX review by Orange

Orange: Crush PiX CR25BX

Purchased from: Spectrum Music Penang

I am using a Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard which has a pair of MEC humbuckers. The pickups sound nice and fat through the amp and it handles well with no buzz or hum at all. I don't really have a particular style. I just play whatever I like. A jam session with me normally covers Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, among others. The amp does pretty well except for the fact that it does not distort at all even with volume and gain on at full. Also, it does not hum, hiss, or buzz at all no matter what volume I play it at, which is a good thing (?). The amp's tonal palette varies with fiddling of the knobs, but nothing spectacular. You can hear the differences in tone audibly but it's not much of a game-changer. As I said earlier, it does not distort whatsoever, at least not to my ears.

As mentioned earlier, I play many styles of music. This amp is pretty much a good match for all those styles except for music that requires distortion because the sound is exceptionally clean. I've been playing bass for around a year now and am still yet to get another amp. I love this one too much! Besides this, I own only a Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard and nothing else. When I walked into the music shop I asked every question that I could think of, except maybe about the distortion. Maybe I'll get a pedal. If it were stolen or lost, I would maybe buy another or upsize if I had the money. The 100 watt one's looking pretty nice. I love the sturdiness and versatility of this amp. I don't hate anything, just wish it had distortion. Before buying it, I had already tested a Fender Rumble 15, a Laney RB1 and a Hartke A35 and I chose this one because it sounded the best. I would totally recommend this to any beginner looking to start their bass career, tight budget or no. Just for the record, I've rated the amp based on competition with other amps of the same size and price range.

I suppose I could depend on it but I wouldn't take it to a gig only because it's 25 watts. However, if it was used only for monitoring purposes then I might consider it. The amp is yet to break down because its fairly new but it seems solid and unlikely to break down. Seems pretty sturdy as well. It has already fell over once onto its back but continued pounding out sound without missing a beat.

Solid state beginner amp. 25 watts RMS power, one 8 inch speaker. Rugged metal corners, bright Orange Tolex covering. Really beautiful. Covers all the bases (pun intended) pretty well. I have absolutely no idea when this was made in. Absolutely no idea. Haven't written a review before, so will just do what the prompts tell me to do. Is the amp versatile? You could say so. I have to fiddle with the knobs for a while, but I can pretty much get everything, from classic rock to metal to funk and so on. As I play many styles of music, this amp is pretty versatile. Just the one channel, bass, mid, and treble controls, volume, gain, headphone and line out jacks, mp3 jack for jamming, and that's about it for the control panel. Honestly I don't wish for any more features. A parametric mid would have been nice but I'm not complaining. I use this amp mainly at home in the bedroom but I have to keep the volume down to minimum because this baby is LOUD. Maybe not stadium loud, but it shakes the floorboards pretty well.