Basic 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Basic 112

Purchased from: Moore Music

I've played it with humbuckers and split pickups, on humbuckers it'll put the music through with a small bit of noise that when set on a loud setting will be heard about 5ft away. On the split pickups it'll do the same thing without the buzzing though. It's not the best for popping (it' drops tone a tad) but for everything else it's consistent. It'll match Rock, Metal, and Country Awesomely, but when you get to jazz and the high ends of your music it drops the sound. But is still great to use for jazz. It can put out a low low blues line, and good mids, it just really sticks you on high ends, I'm talking g-string 5+. You can distort it by maxing your gains and lows on your EQ, which will make a nice little grunge type of distortion.

It matches everything I use it for, it even matched everything my guitarest needed one night! I've been playing for almost two years, and I've played with it for over a year. I love it's low end tones, but I hate it's high end. It's passive and Active settings let me switch from rocking out to practicing in a split second. The only thing I would change, if you haven't figured it out yet, is it needs better highs on it. Otherwise it's perfect for my small venue playing.

I've never had any problems with it period, or. I've dropped it down a flight of stairs before (not on purpose) and plugged it up that night at a gig and played fine. No popping, un neccesary distortion, or buzzing.

This amp includes Pre-Gain, 4 band EQ, and Volume controls. Two channels (passive, active) and a bright sound boost. Effects loop (in, out) and a headphone jack. I use this amp when I play at our schools basketball games, At church, and at small venues in town. It's a 75watt tube amp, it can feel the entire gym with that nice low rumbling sound that puts a smile on your face. It does however have a poor high end which doesn't match the lows, so ever your running the high end of a scale your sound is greatly dimminished.