Combo 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: Combo 115

At the moment, the pickups I am using with it are simple single coils and humbuckers. Because of the built in effects loop, it will suit any type of music style and sound extremely good with my Boss pedals. The only down side I have is that without the compressor, you will sometimes get a horrible, short but sharp twang when a string is plucked hard. This is where a compressor or limiter would come in handy.

Like I said before, it will suit any style of music because it has a 7 band graphic equalizer and a built in effects loop. Before you buy this amp though, do 2 things. First of all, try it out. You will probabily have to buy this model second hand and I would always try it out first. And the second point, make sure the plug you will use with it has a 13A fuse in it to it will not affect the amp in any way. If this amp got stolen, I would try my best to get an amp just like it. My favourite feature on htis amp has to be the built in compressor. It gives my a quality and "tight" sound which I love. It can also be turned of if you wish.

At a gig, I wouldn't dream of taking a backup amp with me just incase. As I have already said, the speaker protection system is extremely reasuring to me. This allows me to turn up loud and not worry about what damage I am doing to the amp because I know that I am not doing any damage to the speaker of the amp. My amp has never failed me. It has fallen over a couple of times in my van with a hard landing and it still works as well as it has ever done.

1 channel with built-in compressor and footswich insert. It is an old model but it still does the job very well. It can be used from places such at smallish halls right up to much bigger venues. My biggest gig so far I have used it in was Fenmuse (an open air concert) and I had no problems with being drowned out by other instruments. It has an effects loop which in very handy. The DDT spearker protection system is very reasuring.