Combo 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: Combo 115

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Kalamazoo

I was acually not too impressed with the sound quality, but impressed none-the-less. It is pretty flexible. It responds desent with pedals and only has a hint of distortion at high volume, under the max and modern channels. Still the vintage channel is as clean as a whistle at max volume. It allows for great modern and classic rock sound but really requires pedals to get a really funky sound like I would like. But over all it's impressive.

Overall Imperssion. Great! I really like this amp, because it is relible and sounds a lot better then my old amps did. With max channel and volume, it make great basic funk sound and with some pedals sounds great with my music. It's big so it's worthy of gigs. The only thing I hate about it is it's so damn heavy! It's just one good amp.

This is why I love this amp; it can take a beating. It's common knowledge that Peavys are durable, and this is no exception. I has my full dependence in a gig. Mine took the beating of the trip between kalamazoo, a beating up and down the steps and, since I got it, numerous accidents. It is a beast for beating.

The amp has many features. It comes with the mid, high, low and whatnot. It also contains three channels. The vintage channel creates a basic, classic rock sound for the bass, not too high or low and crisp. The modern channel has more distorted sound that is basically goodfor most other types of rock. Then there is the max channel, which is clean but much low in frequency. The amp also has a Shift nobe that changes the frequencys of the signal. At max setting (2K) the bass will shake windows crazy fast, while at the lowest settting of 200 the window shake visibly less. Still it's hard to here the difference without effects. It has a gain knobe that appears that it might affect pedals but is other wise just a second volume knobe. I like this amp because is is very durable and semi-flexible. The max channel is crazy with some of my pedals and creates a crazy funk sound.

BaSs`DudE
    juz a question..not questioning peavy's standard but in the long run do peavy amp's still maintain its gd sound? cause the peavy amps in my jammin studio give off kinda of a 'slappy' sound eventhough im using my fingers... i mean don get me wrng, i cld be juz setting it wrngly or mayb its been tampered with..juz wanna get some views on its durability
    Chiefwiddler
    Peavey amps are awesome, and I have always used them. I have the old Bandit Transtube model from about 1995, and it is still like new. The in-built distortion is superb, and only needs some minor fx additions to make it wail. The top range models with their additional lead channel are the best, but pricey. The slappy problem sounds like defective equipment. Studio gear is always messed around with.