Combo 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: Combo 115

Purchased from: Ebay

I have the external speaker, which really wakes this bad boy up, I found this combo to be lifeless with out the 2-10 add on cab. Its LOUD, louder than most guys in the band care for. I play small and medium clubs with no issues, and if you need more you can hook up to the PA with the ELR out. I am in a hard rock band with two loud guitarists and no problem cutting thru. With all the adjustments at your disposal this thing will sound any way you want. With a Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver you can get that nice warm tube tone too. Gets loud with clean sound if ya Eq it rite. Extremely versatile!

I love this amp, give me everything I need and more, its built like a tank too. The only thing I wish it had was someone to carry it, its heavy. After a couple sets and several beers, ya don't want to lug it back to the van. If it where lost or stolen, I'd get another one!

OK mine was used/abused that's why it was so cheap. It actually fell out the back of a pickup on the highway, case was cracked at the top, wheels torn off, heat sink nearly ripped off, and tolex was a mess. The thing powered up and played fine! After some repairs to the case, reattaching the heat-sink and recovering it she's good as new. Peavey makes one hell of a durable amp. Oh yea someone spilled beer in the vent on top into the power amp, after it dried the next day she still worked! With all this I have no worries about it working at every Gig.

200 watts into 4 ohms internal speaker, 300 watts (2 ohms) used with 4 ohms external speaker, DDT speaker protection with defeat Switch Post-EQ effects loop with foot-switch control, 7-band graphic EQ, High and low shelving EQ controls, Preamp output, power amp input, balanced XLR with pre-/post-EQ select Switch and ground lift switch, Active crossover with high and low outputs, variable crossover, tuner send, Active/passive input select switch, Bright and contour switches, 15 inch Eminence speaker. More than enough power for most gigs. You wont find a combo bass amp with more features and power.