MAX 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: MAX 115

I used a rubbish P-bass by a company called bluerock (heard of them?) A Fender or something at that kind of quality would sound awesome through this amp. The amp suits most styles, it can be made warm and mellow for jazz and funk or sharp and gritty for punk and modern rock. it's not noisy, there's no annoying hum at all. Turn the gain up to get an overdriven kinda sound, really muddy. if the gain's in the middle it sounds "just right".

For my kind of music, it's pretty spot on. I think it's good for any kind! I've been playing just under a year, and wanted an amp to compete with a drummer for practising with the band, this'll be great for just that. If it were stolen I'd buy a new one definately, it's great for what I do and is a workhorse of an amp. I didn't compare it to anything, I just expected it would be good from playing my school's Peavey amp (a similar wattage) so I thought this would be good, and it really is! If one thing could be changed I'd probly have chorus on it and make the channels sound more varied. Great amp for this kind of price, perfect for small gigs!!

It's solidy built, as you'd expect. It's a nice size for the wattage, it doesnt't't take up masses of space, it looks rugged. I'm not gonna say "one of my friends dropped his down the stairs and it works fine" because firstly none of my mates are that stupid and second they don't own one. I'm sure if I dropped it down the stairs it would probhably be fine, though!

I'm not sure what year this was made in, but it's a farely recent Peavey model. It fits my kind of music; rock, indie and some metal. It has a headphone socket, an "EFX" loop and inputs for CD etc. I don't use that kind of thing, I just play along to music to practice. it's 60 Watts, though at this point I haven't tried, I'm sure it will be suitable for medium sized gigs. There are 3 channels - max, modern and vintage, which uses the special tube emulation. All channels are cool but I don't see the difference in some ways. There are enough for what I do, but some kinda built in thing like chorus would have been a nice touch.

UP_THE_IRONS!
    well the review from Aidy makes it seem proper shit and the others make it seem awesome... I've tried out the MAX 112 and that was alright, I'm considering getting the 115 as a rehearsal amp.
    aday1225
    I tried this amp out the other day and thought it was just o.k. sounding. After tweaking all the knobs on both the amp and my bass(an Ibanez BTB450QM), I still only managed to get a so-so sound that was still too heavy on the low end for my taste. The high end sounded kind of tinny to me as well. While this is an affordable amp, and Peavey generally makes some rugged gear, overall this amp sounded pretty generic to me(even with the vintage-modern-MAX switch).
    jpp70
    just sold mine, had it for 3 years and never did like it,our rhythm guitarist used it mostly after our first gig and he now has a Line6 so then it was used for a stand lately...LOL.. was given old Randall with a hole in the cone, put a pyle pro 15 in and got a Peavey Tour 700 head and...oh yeh! Me likey!