Max 158 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Peavey: Max 158

I don't know what my pick-ups are (I'm dumb that way). It isn't really loud on any setting, in anywhere but in a 6' x 6' room haha. The amp gives a basic tube amp sound it doesn't have that much of a variety of sounds actually barely any just a tube amp sound(I'm really bad at this I can't explain if my life depended on it).

I play thrash metal that style of music doesn't make a good match with the Peavey Max 158. I've been playing bass for about, since X-mas no other gear stuff. If stolen I would not buy this anagin I would buy the Peavey MAX 115. I'm pretty much neutrel about everything about this amp. I wish I had the Peavey MAX 115. I know this might sound like this is a very bad amp but it's not it is good but not Live.

You can't really use this in a gig without a backup since it is only a 15 wat amplifier so using it at a Live gig wouldn't be the smartest thing a person could ever do but using a back-up with it still wouldn't be very good Live. If you do buy this just use it in your house with headphones that's basicly the only time it will sound loud.

This bass amplifier was made in 1999. It doesn't really suit my style of music (metal, thrash metal etc.) but anyone who plays jazz, blues etc this bass would be perfect! It has 2 channels: modern and vintage and channel switching. No effect loops. 1 headphone jack and 2 CD-line jacks. I use this amp in my house it has enough power for just me but if ever used in a band it wouldn't hold its own. It is a basic tube amp (or mabye below average).

Shred Head
    This isn't a real tube amp...TransTube technology merely replicates the tube sound. Decent review though
    danny_plantain
    wow, do i detect a special-ed case. i now feel dumber having read this. good job dude, you are sucking the intelligence out of all who read this. god be with you, because your mind is not.
    rocka120
    diddo wat gabollo said cept im in a band that needs a bass guitar BAD!!!!! any suggestions on a good bas amp for under $200
    gabollo
    I think people should review this amp (or any other gear) for what it is, I mean, this is a 15W, solid state, 1 channel bass amplifier. You're not gonna review this as a stage amp but only a practice/begginers amp. I play guitar but I'm planning to buy this just to learn to play bass and I think it will work for me... Any sugestions?
    Hammal
    I think that this is an excelent bass amp. It have a great sound for a practice or home basic amp. I use it every day. Excellent choice for amateur player and a good one for practice in pro level.
    Mettliccaa
    I like the way the way his sentences flow. In a nonsense way that somehow makes sense.
    Kayus
    I got this amp in a peavy max126 box. I saw the amp and i was freakin out like i got the wrong amp and got screwed by the store, but for $100 its pretty good.I actually did get what i wanted in the end so.