MicroBass 20w review by Peavey

Peavey: MicroBass 20w

Purchased from: Bandland

I play a Yamaha RBX370 with a pj style pickup and active electronics, through this amp wich adds alot of power to it but handles it great and sounds great. This means it suits my music styles great to this amp. The amp is very noisy on all settingsconsidering it is only 20w, the amp can produce very deep and shallow sound and also the rest in between. The sound becomes slightly distorted on the highest of voulumes but still sounds good. Unfortunatly the amp does not contain any distortion controls. Don't get me wrong though the sound quality is excellent.

Thish is a great deal for a excellent quality amp and would recomend it to any style of bass player. If it were lost or stolen I would certainly purchase it again. I love the fact it has the equalization features to change fronm differnet music tones. I just wish it had a cd in input. The amp also has a very stylish look which fits great into heavy music themes.

I could always depend on it for practice but would not be able to gig with it as it is too small and not powerful enough, if it were more powerful I would definatly depend on it without back up. The amp has never broken down yet and I'm doughtful it will. The durability of the control kmobs are poor made out of thin flimsy plastic, and would break with aggresion.

The amp is verstile enough for my punk rock/rock styles of music that I play, with its on board equalization controls for low mid and high bands, which ads much variation. It also features volume which they call gain level, heaphone jack wich disconnects internal speaker it also has a speaker output jack. I use it only for practice because it is only 20w which would not be powerful enough to gig with. I wish this amp had jacks for cd in so icould play along to cd`s.

metrule89
    I bought one of these around 5 years ago. Despite it working extremely well for the last 5 years, it has started playing up now. It overall has a great sound, perfect for practising at home.
    Liberchaotica
    Triviumfan54 wrote: Daah you paid 175 pounds for it! I got it for 80! DAAAH!
    175 Dollars...