TKO 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: TKO 115

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Right now I am usein a Carlo Robelli Bass not so great but I've been saving for an amp. I play all type with my band pop punk, with my self classic and new rock, also a lot of funk, blues, jazz and slaping. This amp has great range to reach all of the sounds I need and more infact my buddy plays ska and country and used my amp tweed the EQ and loved it so its good for those two genres as well. It's not that noisey Small hum. But you will need to but an extention cab if you have a loud band if not you'll be ok.

Overall I'm am very pleased about the sounds it makes. With an extra cab to help with Volume It'll be ok. I compare it too the TNT 115 Because its only a small amount less in features and wattage but for me it is just fine. I wish the wattage was better but what do you expect for $380 with a great tone. I love the EQ and if this was lost and I had the cash I would buy The TNT 115 but this will do me just fine seeing as it wount be stolen any time soon. I also own a Vintage 1980's Ricenbacher Bass amp, Yamaha 68 keyboard, and a Peavey Transtube 100 watt guitar amp.

I've only had this amp for a short time no gigs as of yet. but I would definatly trust the amp 'cause it's a Peavey and in my opinoin Peavey and Fender make the best qality items around for bass that is. Ill rate this a 9 just by my opinon but it is just an opinon.

The amp in short is a smaller less wattage version of the TNT 115. The real diffrence is the Wattage mine is 75 watts. It has a button for passive of active pickups. Then it has a Bright button also a countour button. They do made a diffrence not a big one but it's noticable. Then it has a direct out thing on it wIt has a seven band witch is great for gigs were the peopel have a Desent Pa system. This Little bad boy has a 7 band EQ on it with a high and low knobs on it just for added working. Then its got a DTT speaker protection witch saves you money I guss in the long run by not alowing you to over do your volume and blowup your speaker. It's a solid state amp. Plus I forgot it has an effects loop witch I never thought as use ful but now that I seen the diffent it make with just my distortion and funk wah oh boy. The Only thing is it doesn't get to sound that loud with a band but I suppose if you bout another cab to accomny this it'll be ok. The cab has to be 8 ohms.

Jawshco
    I play this amp and I can't stand it. I play a Stingray, and this amp is terrible for slap, it's noisy and the lowend sounds boomy rather than punchy. It's not horrible, but I'm not a fan. Also, the volume when playing with a band is a huge negative. This amp does not cut through the mix. If you want a Peavy then you should really buy the TNT. This not the amp you're looking for.