TKO 115 review by Peavey

Peavey: TKO 115

Purchased from: Trademe ( NZ ebay)

I'm playing a crappy Ashton AB2 through it at the moment, as I'm in between guitars, but even on this it sounds fastastic. Seems to suit every style I play (rock, jazz, classical, slap, funk) easy enough, and the EQ helps a lot with the sound. Yet to distort the clean channel, so it seems pretty good.

This amp seems to be a pretty damn good match for my styles. I've only been playing a year and a half, but it still seems pretty versatile. If it WAS stolen, I'd definately buy another. The EQ is damn handy. I had to chose between this, or a Behringer BX600. I chose this. not just because of the 15 watt advantage, but due to the strength and vesatility. No other amp I looked at had an external speaker jack. Only thing I wish it had, like I said before, is another input. But the newer models have two inputs anyway, so problem solved.

This thing seems to be strong enough to withstand a bomb blast. Sturdy as hell. I've used it at gigs without a backup, and I will everytime, (I don't have a backup, but I don't feel like I need one). Speaker cage, strong outer case, everything it needs to be durable.

I got this amp about a month ago, but it was made in 2002. IT has all the normal features, pass/active Switch, bright boost, EQ equalizer, effects loop and DDT speaker protection. Handy, I guess. 75 Watts, so loud enough for a small gig or club, but it has an external speaker jack if you want a boost. Also has a Low Z lineout, which I've never touched. This thing has plenty enough features for me, though I do wish it had more than one input.

BDL1991
    Im a beginner bassist to be honest and i need a nice loud amp for gigging and just to be adaquite noise ha....and i lol'd at the end of Jawscho's comment...reminds me of star wars..."this is not the amp you're looking for"...*says it like Ben Kenobi*
    Psycroptipath
    I play an esp b-205 and i agree with jawshco, i cant stand it. For the most part i find its highs too high and 'beepy rather than twangy' (haha it makes sence to me), and its low ends sound like bad reverberated techno. It seems to always leave the bass behind in the mix of guitar and percussion. What bassist wants that?
    Swannie
    i have this amp and i like it. i use a squier vintage modified Jazz bass (the 70s-looking one with block inlays) and it sounds awesome. The EQ is cool to have. It sounds really good for slap with my bass and is awesomely thunderous. I play with a brass band sometimes and it cuts through excellently.
    Fly-By-Night
    I prefer the older versions of this amp (80's and 90's) that used the Black Widow speakers. These newer ones have barely any note definition and I accredit that to the mediocre stock speaker.
    gklee
    Hi can anyone tell me if its OK to change the fitted speaker (8 ohms) in my peavey TKO 115 to a 4 ohm speaker to get the max out of the amp (75 watt to 120 watt) instead of carrying and linking up another cab?