TNT 100 review by Peavey

Peavey: TNT 100

Purchased from: The Music Corner

I am using a Squier P-Bass with this, and it sounds fine. The amp can pretty much make any sound that the bass puts out. The amp has minimal noise and has a clean sound on higher volumes. This amp doesn't pick up a whole lot of interferance, which is nice. The PA system and the guitarist's amp in the band I'm in are terrible with interferance. During practices, my amp is the only one not giving feedback or picking up interferance from other instruments or amps.

I play rock and hard rock. This amp could't match these genres any better, but it even sounds good with jazz and blues. I have been playing for about a year and a half, but I just got this amp about a month ago. I have used this amp more in the last month more than I used my other amp in the last year. If I somehow lost this or let it get stolen, I would most likely buy a similar amp, but I might move up to the TNT 115. I compared this to the Fender Bassman 100, but chose this amp hands-down. The Fender Bassman was way to expensive for me, and this amp really gets the job done for a lot less money. This is the way to go for intermediate bass players.

Even if this amp was neglected, it probably still wouldn't break. This is a heavy duty amp. This would be the amp that would survive a nuclear war. I would play many gigs with this amp and not even think about a backup. This is just plainly a reliable and durable amp.

This amp was made in the early '80s, but I'm not too sure of the exact year. It is 100 watts solid state with a 15 inch speaker. It has 2 inputs and one output. I play rock, and this amp can stand up to what I play. It has more than enough power for me at the moment, but you might want to consider a bigger amp if you are playing shows with tons of screaming fans with two guitars blazing and a drummer going insane on his set. For a beginner in a beginning band, this amp suits me well. It has a pre-amp gain adjustment, a treble, a bass, a pyramid, and a post-amp gain adjustment. It has enough features for me, but I can always buy an effects pedal if I need more.

EllttEll
    i have one of these, only bigger, its a real nut buster though, i mean these things will rattle your house, and they are a pain to move if you dont have good casters and handles drilled on to it
    Lasyk
    i ahve a tnt 150 and it is LOUD to put it very lightly...i rattled pictures upstairs in my house and even made my front porch vibrate! its great
    sg dude 38
    i have one. it had been sitting in a rat infested garage for 12 years, but it still works. it does have an electronic sounding rattle, and i cant figure out whats wrong with it, and the shift knob cuts the sound out when it gets to a certain position. other than that and it wieghing 80 lbs, i love it. i really cant complain though.... i got it for free, and its loud as hell. when it gets loud the rattle stops too, so now i have an excuse for going all out and rattleing the house!
    sloth7250
    i have the TNT 100, and yeah, this thing does rattle my house when i have it turned up.. but ive recently had a couple complaints about sound quality at high volume... any ideas? my bass is a squier P-Bass.
    Jazzmaster2
    To: sloth7250 I think you may be experinceing some speaker drag. Try turning the amp on its side or turning it upside down and try it for a little while,if the cone is draging it will correct it-self after a bit.Or you could have something lose that needs tightening
    mppeavey
    if you look at the manuals from peavey tnt 100 it isn't a 100 watt amp .(combo) it is a 45 watts amp (combo) (rms) with peekpower from 90 watts and a powerconsumption from 150 watts be real and honest : read it before you write lies about peavey tnt 100 i'm sure of it cause i have 1 for many years . and still do his dirty job