RB-120 review by Rogue

Purchased from: Mucisansfriend

I play my Johnson P-Bass and my Cort Slammer though this and they both have P-Bass pickups and they both sound good though it. This amp is really noisey if you have your instrument plugged in the high input channel. I use the high channel for live shows and the low one for practice. The low one still will shake the house if you have it up half way. This bass doesn't distort at high volumes unless your all the way cranked up in a room. If you have it all the way up in nice open spaces it will sound clear. That's what is nice about this amp, it doesn't know distortion.

I play all kinds of music and I play my Johnson P-Bass and my Cort Slammer and that's about it. And it works great. There's nothing I wish I asked before buying this amp. If this amp went missing I would buy the same thing or mabey upgrade if I had a little more money. I love how it is really powerful for a 120W and I hate it because I never get to crank it up in my house without breaking glasses. My favorite feature is the volume because it controls how loud I can crank it up which is +15 baby! I wish it had distortion but that's not that big of deal to me. If you were going to compare this to any other bass amp it would be its little brother the RB60 but hands down this one beats it or the Beringer 120W one. I would choose this one because it has a 15" speaker. It might not have good quality sound but it will hold up better in live shows.

I depend on it for gigs. I don't use a backup because I don't have one so it should work by itself just fine. This amp has never broken down on me and I'm hoping it will stay that way for a while.

My amp was made in 2005. This amp alone with now effecs or any thing is just a run of the mill amp. I would use it for jazz and church music if you don't have any effecs. If you do it will work for any style. This amp has a nice 15" speaker, 3 equalization controls, gain, and 2 inputs channels, headphone jack, all the basic stuff. I wish this amp had distortion but for how cheap I got it for what do you expect. I use this amp for gigs and practice. I works really well on stage. It pack a punch and you only have to turn it up 2/3 and you'll have all the power you'll ever need.