LA15 review by SWR

SWR: LA15

Purchased from: ActiveMusician.com

This amp easily hits the lower notes with clarity and all the tone you want from your bass, whether it's rock or jazz. It is crisp and clean through hours of playing. Though it does hum when the volume is on ten, the thunderous music that comes from it is more than enough to drown it out. Gives off quite a nice click with slapping and popping, and the harmonics come out beautiful.

I recommend this amp to bassists that play jazz, funk, metal or rock. It is quite versatile in that respect. The price is great for what you get out of it. 299.99 dollars for 100 watts. However, to get this amp to its full potential, I do suggest buying an effects processor or a pedal.

Rugged and worth the buy. Easy to transport given that the handles are near the top of the amp and not on the sides. All of forty-some pounds, it's very lightweight.

Bass, treble, mid-range, volume controls, tuner/line output, headphone jack, CD player mix input. This amp holds enough power for small to medium venues. Say, the Java Joint in St. Cloud, Minnesota to The Rock in Maplewood, Minnesota. It has a wonderful sound even with the limited availability for options on the EQ. A gain setting would be quite nice for this amp also, however, it isn't really needed since this is mostly for bottom end.

CLOWNDEACAN
    eh swrs are great for a nice low end round sound... so so great for a mroe trebly sound
    yankee128
    I hate that amp.. Ive had it for a few months.. It broke down on me twice. Its to small and cant take it if you use it at high volumes.. Im switching to a fender rumble 100, hope I get a better deal..
    paulintheflesh
    I've had this amp since April and I love it; I must agree with everything from this review. The low end sound is beautiful, though I really do need a processor or effect pedal
    Anjohl
    I bought a used LA12 today for $125 Canadian...it rocked the hell out of a fender rumble that was there in the shop.