Workingman's 2004 review by SWR

SWR: Workingman's 2004

I'm using this with a Ibanez SoundGear bass. There is absoutely no noise unless I am using a very high treble setting. This amp fits me incredibly. It can make any sound. It has an incredible frequency response range. I can even play a CD through it. It give a really punchy tone, or a really clear tone, or both. Absolutely phenomonal. The only complaint I have is that on certain tones it makes my speaker grill vibrate, but that's my own fault for not putting a good enough seperation between the speaker and the grill.

This thing, as I said before is fricken amazing. I absolutely love the tone that I get out of it. If it was stolen there is no doubt in my mind that I would buy another workingman. The only thing that I could think of it having would be the distortion channel. However I think that I can get distortion by turning up the pre-amp gain and turning down the master volume. But no worries. If you are looking for a pro-grade amp this is the one that you should buy!

I would use this amp in a gig without a backup, however I would bring extra fuses. Several times it has shut off, or started to lose it's tone becuase of the fuse blowing. However it is a slo-blow so I have only had that happen a couple of times. But I blows at the weirdist times. It tends to go when I am playing at low volumes.

This amp is absolutely incredible. It only has one channel but still manages to do anything I want it to. It has a defeatable effects loop and a 1/4" headphone output. I use it out of my home-built 18" subwoofer. It has a gain control for the pre-amp, an aural enchancer which helps my sound a lot, four band EQ (treble, mid-range with frequency adjust, and bass). It has a transparency control then the effects blend knob and the master volume. It could use a built in distortion but I would hardly ever use it anyways. It is a solid state amp. It has enough power for any gig that I have played thus far.