WorkingPro 10 1x10 100W Bass Combo Amplifier Review

Ease of Use: 9
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
WorkingPro 10 1x10 100W Bass Combo Amplifier Reviewed by: milkface, on november 13, 2015

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Ease of Use: The amp is extremely easy to use, easy to get a usable bass tone. It comes with a limiter circuit, so that over burdening the amp is protected against (it can be disabled). The balanced line out uses an XLR connection and the remaining connections use the standard 3/4" jacks. The wedge eq switch makes the tilt back feature very usable by adjusting your eq instantly to compensate for loss of bass caused by the tilt. The shape of the amp makes it a little difficult to carry and position sometimes, especially when loading into a vehicle. Although similar weighing amps have side handles, this amp does not. // 9

Sound: The amp is very responsive. It provides that punchy bass tone I've been looking for. I mostly play a Sterling Ray34 (the kinda cheap alternative stingray) through the amp and it compliments the active midrange oriented pickup well. I play bass finger and slap/pop with lots of Steve Harris, Flea, Rex Brown, Burton style riffs. Although a plethora of tones are available, I've find it difficult not to play without my Tech21 VT Bass pedal since I really desire a SVT tone. The lack of a drive or vintage tone switch\dial brings down the userbility of this amp in my opinion. The amp holds the bottom end well (unlike my Laney RB3). A deep bottom end without muddying up and a low end bass intensifier switch if you need extra low end which is useful on an Ibanex SRX or on bass guitars that need a bass boost. I also play a Squire Deryck Telecaster through the amp and the clean tones are very warm and actually not bassy at all! // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had the amp for about a year. The finish on the amp seems to be going a bit furry, but that might be due to being neglected in the store, it has been laying in the store for 5 years before I bought it. The components of the amp however are in excellent condition. One of the eq dials is a little off-centre by 1mm. It does not bother me enough to fix it. The metal grill is solidly screwed on. Nothing shakes or rattles when being played (even at peak volume). The amp is used everyday between one and five hours and I've had no problems with this amp thus far. // 9

Overall Impression: This amp is expensive for the output delivered (100w 1x10"). At the time of purchase it was possible to find a 1x15" Ashdown MAG or 2x10 RB7 Laney amp both delivering 300W (and most likely other amps). You might find it hard to jam along in a band at loud volumes with this amp (a guitarists 45W 2x12" amp will slaughter this thing). However, this amp was on sale for half price and I was not happy with the tone being delivered from my available alternatives. The WorkingPro 10 lacks a drive/gain dial with and thus no vintage drive tones are possible without an effect pedal. The tweater on the amp provides a usable treble and clarity boost, but also adds a little buzz/hum when engaged (kinda contradictory to say that, but you'll see what I mean). // 7

Comments