Bass Mate 10 review by Traynor

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Traynor: Bass Mate 10

Price paid: C$ 100

Purchased from: Long & Mquade

I use a Godin Freeway 4 and Squier Bronco Bass with it (I have reviews for them, as well). It suits alterative well, but once you get into heavier genres, it dosn't suit it quite as well. The clean sound is a little distorted at high volumes, but not much.

I haven't been playing bass very long. It comes with a 2 year warrenty. If it were stolen, I would buy another one without thinking about it. I mostly just bought this one because my budget was tight, but now I'm glad I got it. I just wish it had a bit better distortion.

It is very dependable. I have never had any trouble with it. It has never broken down. I would take it on a small gigs without a backup. Awesome amp, it's solid wood, mostly. It works great overall, goes loud, it's a bargin for $100 bucks. Has great durability.

I think this amp was made in 2010. It's okay for versitility, but not great for hard rock (I play alternative and other styles of rock). It actually only has one channel. It does have, however, a headphone jack, 2 inputs, and bass, mid, treble, volume, and presance knobs. I always like to mess around with the different features, to find the best sounds. It has tonnes of sound for a 10-watt amp. I normally only use about 1/15 of it's power.