Blue Cab 60 review by Warwick

Warwick: Blue Cab 60

Purchased from: Kosmic Sound

It's hard to tell because a lot of stuff rattles in here. But this amp is capable of putting out some really chunky sound. I play mainly heavy metal and progessive rock, and it seems to keep up damn well. The Equalizer really does wonders on this, unlike other amps I've used. Cranked up loud it still stays fairly clean, you're not going to hear any distortion it makes over the drums or guitars. I'm using an Ibanez SR100 so it's not the best bass-guitar in the world.

I recommend this amp for people wanting a decent jam/rehearsal amp without paying through the nose for it. It matches my style of progessive and metal, it also has a good punch to the slap and popping bass. It sounds good on my crappy Ibanez SR-100, and I love the effects send/return options and the line-out. I compared this (rather unfairly) to a Behringer 450w combo amp. I got this one for reliability, and because the Behringer wasn't particularly impressive.

Hasn't broken down yet, the kick guard is very sturdy, and the general amp construction is damn strong. I don't know if I'd use it without a backup, but it certainly shows no signs of f--king up any time soon. One thing that does bug me is the powercord, it fell out one during a storm where we'd had random power failures and surges, and I thought it had blown up my Brand New amp.

This amp has your standard features, volume, 3 band EQ, auxillary volume, line-out, head-phone jack, send and return, passive and active inputs. One thing I wish it had was a built in tuner, but there's no problem plugging your tuner into the line-out. Maybe some effects too, but I'm not complaining, this is an awesome amp for the price. Maybe a marker on the volume knob too (if it's there I can't see it).

hells bassist
    i have the 250 watt version and the sound is probobly the nicest i can afford only beaten by a 2000+ orange stack and a few trace elliots ur review however was shit