B 100-115 III review by Yamaha

Yamaha: B 100-115 III

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: Kijiji (Sort of like Craigslist)

I am using a Gallien-Kreuger bass guitar, no model (also got this used). This amp has a nice warm, deep tone. It suits pounding 16th note basslines, or warm melodies. This thing goes pretty loud, for practice I usually have it at 1. This holds up in band practice amazing, and has enough power to fill a small/medium sized room. Clean channel stays clean even at high volumes. No distortion.

This is a great match for me, I have been playing bass for about two months now, but played guitar for about 4 years before this. I am very happy with this purchase. If this was stolen or lost, I would love to buy it again, but I probably wouldn't be able to find it. It was hard looking up info for this thing online, that's one of the reasons I'm creating this review. I love the warmth of this amp. I hate how heavy it is, stairs are BR00T4L to get down. Watch you don't hurt yourself lifting this thing. I can only compare it to a Traynor 25w practice amp my dad owns, and obviously this sounds a lot better than that. I guess I wish it had distortion, but that's what pedals are for, right?

This think is build like a walking tank. I can depend on this no problem, and would gig without a backup no problem. It's very sturdy, but I had to install handles on it because of the weight, it is 93.8lbs, pretty heavy. Also had to replace the wheels, although it's understandable considering the thing was like 20 something years old.

I don't know the year this was made, I know it's more than 20 years old as of right now, 2011. The guy I bought it from had gotten it used. This amp is pretty versatile, I play funk/metal/rock, and this is good for all of those (don't know about slapping, my technique is bad). It has 1/4" input jack (bass goes here), volume, treble, middle, and bass knobs. It then has two parametric equalizers, and crossover frequency adjuster. Has a headphone jack, and a foot Switch input.