Envelope Filter review by Ashdown

Ashdown: Envelope Filter

Purchased from: Gear4Music.com

I use this amp with a Peavey Cirrus and an Ashdown Electric Blue 180, and it sounds great. There is only really two usable sounds with this pedal, which are a sort of auto-wah and one that sounds like you're outside a loud nightclub (it's hard to explain!). So, although it is quite a limited pedal, it has one great sound.

This pedal is only really appropriate for funk, although that is true of the envelope filter effect in general. There's not much else to say about this pedal, other than the fact that I am very fond of it, and given that it is fairly cheap I would probbaly replace it if it were lost.

As tough as a metal brick (which is pretty much what it is). I'm pretty sure my foot takes more damage when I stamp on this than the pedal does. I've never experience any problems with this pedal, and it always works without a glitch. I happily gig using this pedal without a backup.

Pretty easy to get going with some funky sounds. At first I found it a little tricky to know exactly what each of the knobs did, even after consulting the manual it is still unclear (I still don't know what "deepen the 'Q'" means). It just takes a little playing to get the sound you're after.