Bass V-Amp review by Behringer

Behringer: Bass V-Amp

Purchased from: johhny roadhouse music

I use my V-Amp with a Fender Rumble 15 watt, and it sounds great. The volume depends entirely on what settings you have it on. On the sci-fi effects (as I call them) you can get a lot of volume, but a lot of the time, it depends on waht you have your bass volume set to, the volume on the V-Amp itself, and on your amp, you have to fiddle around with these a bit to get a decent sound, but it only takes 5 minutes topps. I am not sure, but I think jack white used one of these for blue orchid (you can get guitar, keyboard, and acoustic models), because there is a setting on there that is exactly the same as it, it sounds superb, so, overall, whatever your style of playing, this suites it.

I play mostly Indie style, with abit of Queen, Led Zeppelin, and Nirvana thrown in, and it adapts to all of them very well. I have been playing since september '05, I own a Peavey Milestone series bass (red), and a Fender Rumble 15 watt bass amp. If I didn't have my dad to explain it, I would of liked them to go through it with me. I would definitely buy it again if it were stolen or lost. I love the fact it has more effects than any other of my band members effects pedals/boxes. I dont hate anything about it, but there are too many leads and fiddly things to plug in, on a dark stage it would be hard to get the power lead in. My favourite feature is when you turn it on, the whole thing does a mini light show. I didnt compare it to any others, I got it for christmas, and my dad is a guitar expert, he reckons its the best around, so it was a buit of a no-brainer. I wish it could have a wah-wah pedal built in, there isnt one for bass, and the guitar wah-wah only works on the g-string, just a little thought there.

I would use this at a gig without a backup. The actual V-Amp is a bit vunerable-looking, but the foot-pedal is built better than a sherman tank. My dad has had one for ten years, it still works perfectly. The one problem is the power lead. It's one of those that has little pins inside, so you have to be a bit careful with it, but other than that, it's as dependable as grandads volvo estate. Even when it was left in our garage overnight on christmas eve, and it came out a bit damp, it worked, just take care, it'll work, after all, it's German.

To get a good sound out of it, it takes a while to adjust to all the settings, it really does help if you know someone who has one, because it is a wee bit complex. Once you do get used to it, it is relatively easy to use, the foot pedal has about 20foot of klead, so it can be used on stage.

terp
    I bought this about a year ago and I worked GREAT for the first...maybe five months but now when ever I unplug it, it deletes my presets. It's not like I haven't taken good care of it it just kindof stoped working. Don't get me wrong it's a great machine I just think it could use some more durablity I paid $219(can) +tax I think it should be a little more durable.
    f-e-z
    Thats because you havent saved your presets, when you've done them, press and hold the button that's flashing, hold it until it stops flashing, and it'll be saved.
    pinkfloyd77
    i bought one and after three months the input jack stopped working. i got a replacement and the footpedals didnt work. after that i said screw it and bought a much better pedal...the BOSS GT-6B. although its more expensive i highly recoment buying that one instead, its a lot more durable and the manual actually makes sense.