Bass V-Amp review by Behringer

Behringer: Bass V-Amp

Purchased from: ebay

I use this processor with a few different basses. I have a Cort Curbow 6-String, Rogue LX405 Pro, Dean ML Metalman, and a Squier P-Bass 5-string. Not noisy at all and the effects all sound really good. They include: ultrabass, synth, delay/loop sampler, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker, voice box, auto wah, phaser, ambi 4 renowned distortion and overdrive stomp boxes with adjustable Drive, Tone, Boost and Split Wah-Wah pedal.

I play all kinds of music, from jazz to metal and this processor works well for everything, especially the cabinet and amp simulations. I have been playing bass for about 10 years now and I have owned a variety of gear over the years. This was the first bass effects processor I've ever owned however, I usually go without effects. If it were stolen, I would probably buy another one. Especially for use in the studio. The only thing I don't like is having to move around to change the settings.

I have owned this unit for about 2 years now and it has yet to fail me. I've only gigged with it a few times though, all the other times I've used it was recording at home. It seems very tough and able to stand up to Live playing. The only problem I've had was the unit isn't very easy to access when playing Live, maybe I need to make a mic stand for it like the PODs have.

This processor is fairly simple to use, it comes with a detailed manual if you feel the need to consult it. Just messing around with it for 10 minutes I was able to figure it out. Very cool effects with this thing, as well as amp and cabinet simulations. Built-in chromatic tuner as well.

nirsul
    As terp said - it is a great machine and has lots of great presets but (less than 6 months since buying it) upon plugging it - all the paramters are set to 0 and only a factory reset will make it work OK (I have to do it over and over again) Behringer - never answered my email. I have 2 more MultiFX so it is not as urgent. I just got the Digitech BP355 which is awesome ! (except for the tuner which seems to ignore my lower B string.....)
    dkelley
    you guys with things being forgotten, you do know that every product out there uses little backup batteries to keep the unit remembering the data, right? Not just the behringer units, but every unit around. Replace the battery. I use the bass v-amp pro for session bass work all the time. The default amp settings (without fx) are fun but slightly too much for recording work, so it does take some tweaking to get it sounding just right like a great miked bass amp. But then this is true of real amps also. I own a vintage SVT and this does the SVT thing REALLY well for recording and with less noise. I also LOVE it's SWR red emulation... one of my fav amps from the late 80s/early 90s and this does it to a tee :
    OhhWell
    For those that lose their presets whenever they unplug the unit, replace the memory battery inside. A quick google search reveals that it is a common CR2032 battery under the back cover. They will run you about $3-6 if you are in a hurry or dirt cheap if you can wait for shipping. If any electronic device was losing stored information only when unplugged, the first thing I would be looking for is a battery but to be fair, Behringer REALLY should have put that information in the manual.