BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

Behringer: BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer

Purchased from: Kosmic Sound

I use it with my Washburn XB-120 4 string, my ESP LTD B-55 5 string and my Casarossa PHT double neck 5 string/fretless 4 string with my Hartke HA1200. I've tried it with other amps and it sounds just as good. 3 very different sounding instruments and it sounds great on all of them. It will sound noisy when you turn the volume of the pedal up all the way but I think most EQ pedals do that. I am using this pedal with other effects as well, an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff and the Wah effect on my DigiTech BP-80 and depending on how you've set it, it makes everything sound better.

I play mostly metal/hard rock but I have been know to dabble into country music once and a while, again two different sounds and both easy to create with this pedal. I have only been playing for three years, but in my time, I've played around with a fair heap of effects and I would say that this EQ is just as good as a Boss or DigiTech (sound wise). For the price and the sound, I would definitly buy another if it were stolen or lost. If I would add anything to it, it would be a guard over the settings or something to lock the settings in place.

Everyone is always bad mouthing Behringer about their plastic pedals, but as far as I can tell, they're built fairly sturdy and I would put full Faith in them taking them on the road without backup. I have used this on a few gigs and it's never let me down. I rely heavily on this pedal for my sound and I probably wouldn't replace it unless it was absolutely destroyed somehow.

The BEQ700 is SO easy to use, you'd have to be an idiot not to be able to work out what to, it's a basic 7-band EQ with a single Switch to turn it on and off, simple. I don't remember if there was a manual with it, but if there was, I didn't need it and niether would anyone else.

zwound
    Behringer makes below average pedals...but they are okay...under the price. the plastic is hrad enough, and they will last, if u use them like a normal person (wihtout stoping it like shit).
    rev_olie
    what the hell are you on about. The insides are exactly the same as most boss pedals and they have more in the range so theres plenty to choose from so theres no need to pay more fro a peadal exaclty the same just buy these !