BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Behringer: BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer

Purchased from: Music123.com

I use this pedal primarily for changing my tone to a more muddy sound, quickly. Such as in a ballad. For that purpose it works very well. Also, because the person that runs my band's sound likes to attack my bass (by turning down my volume) I have to use this pedal very frequently as a volume pedal. Which it works very well for with the EQ in the flat position. But besides these two features, there is a remarkable range of sounds that you can get from it. This is improved by the detailed range of control from the 7 faders.

This pedal combines a large range of sounds with easy to use controls. This more than compensates for the poor quality of the faders, case and footswitch. None of which really matters if you treat them with a little bit of TLC.

Although the case is made of plastic (rather light plastic I might add) I think that I will hold up. The thing that concerns me the most are the faders and the footpedal. The faders appear to be a piece of some sort of metal (graphite or something of the like) scraping on the length of a dentent in the circuit board to change the level of boost/cut. The only problem with this is that, everything that moves wears down with age, especially things that scrape on other things. So I don't know how long it will last. The complaint with the footpedal is mostly the same. It still features a small piece of metal (which was probably cheaper, god bless Behringer) which seems to pop out of the spring every time you change the battery. But this is easily remedied by using a power supply.

This pedal is remarkably easy to use. It features a wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz distrubted between 7 faders with a 15db Boost/Cut on each fader. It also features a master volume control with +/-15 db of range. As far as ease of use, the complaint that I have is that it is hard to adjust just one band, while on the fly, because the faders are so small and so close together. But if you sit down with it before a gig, you can accurately dial in a perfect sound.

skimo6
    This behringer pedal wiring is NOT like a BOSS at all a BOSS clicks into zero dB and the wiring is a whole lot smoother. after using both i would much prefer the BOSS over the behringer any time a positive for the behringer is that it is a really good pedal for home use, but without a hard case and metal knobs (the behringer knobs for this pedal are all plastic unlike the BOSS) it is proned to destruction while on tour, although you can normally just buy a new one for $30AUS.
    SL!!!
    I've heard a lot about Behringer stuff falling apart. This is not convincing me that their stuff's quality has gotten any better.
    SMterminator
    hvymtl939
    i have several behringer pedals, and ive stomped the sh*t out of them, even when im wearing boots, and they've all held up just fine...
    synyster.punk
    SMterminator wrote: Their stuff isn't too bad for the price. Just don't stomp the crap out of it and you'll be fine. I wouldn't use one on stage or at a big gig but some home and small performances I would certainly buy one.
    I second that thought
    Mads B
    I brough this a week ago! it's cool! very nice sound! perfekt for slap and funk but also blues and soft rock! 10 out of 10!
    Andy2k64
    i've got the behringer overdrive pedal for my bass..personally i prefer the sound of that pedal to my boss overdrive!
    olithebass
    just got this today off ebay brand new for 15 quid does the job perfectly! just need to give it the gig test!
    f-cusson
    I have the overdrive from behringer (as the other one expect mer to be rude on it) plus on equalizer the both work perfectly. The sound is perfect. If I was buying signature sound like amp modeler or things like that I wouldn't be buying behringer but since these are basics effect that all the brand take exactly the same, I don't care of a plastic case that still is solid