BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 10/17/2007 category: Bass Effects
Behringer: BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer
Shape your bass/keyboard sound and eliminate feedback with 7 EQ bands. With a wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz and a powerful 15 dB boost/cut per band, you'll have more control over your midrange.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.2
 8.3
 3,790
reviews (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: hartkeplayer, on december 15, 2006

Purchased from: Kosmic Sound

Ease of Use: The BEQ700 is SO easy to use, you'd have to be an idiot not to be able to work out what to, it's a basic 7-band EQ with a single Switch to turn it on and off, simple. I don't remember if there was a manual with it, but if there was, I didn't need it and niether would anyone else. // 10

Sound: I use it with my Washburn XB-120 4 string, my ESP LTD B-55 5 string and my Casarossa PHT double neck 5 string/fretless 4 string with my Hartke HA1200. I've tried it with other amps and it sounds just as good. 3 very different sounding instruments and it sounds great on all of them. It will sound noisy when you turn the volume of the pedal up all the way but I think most EQ pedals do that. I am using this pedal with other effects as well, an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff and the Wah effect on my DigiTech BP-80 and depending on how you've set it, it makes everything sound better. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Everyone is always bad mouthing Behringer about their plastic pedals, but as far as I can tell, they're built fairly sturdy and I would put full Faith in them taking them on the road without backup. I have used this on a few gigs and it's never let me down. I rely heavily on this pedal for my sound and I probably wouldn't replace it unless it was absolutely destroyed somehow. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal/hard rock but I have been know to dabble into country music once and a while, again two different sounds and both easy to create with this pedal. I have only been playing for three years, but in my time, I've played around with a fair heap of effects and I would say that this EQ is just as good as a Boss or DigiTech (sound wise). For the price and the sound, I would definitly buy another if it were stolen or lost. If I would add anything to it, it would be a guard over the settings or something to lock the settings in place. // 10

BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: BassDude2737, on october 17, 2007

Purchased from: Music123.com

Ease of Use: This pedal is remarkably easy to use. It features a wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz distrubted between 7 faders with a 15db Boost/Cut on each fader. It also features a master volume control with +/-15 db of range. As far as ease of use, the complaint that I have is that it is hard to adjust just one band, while on the fly, because the faders are so small and so close together. But if you sit down with it before a gig, you can accurately dial in a perfect sound. // 8

Sound: I use this pedal primarily for changing my tone to a more muddy sound, quickly. Such as in a ballad. For that purpose it works very well. Also, because the person that runs my band's sound likes to attack my bass (by turning down my volume) I have to use this pedal very frequently as a volume pedal. Which it works very well for with the EQ in the flat position. But besides these two features, there is a remarkable range of sounds that you can get from it. This is improved by the detailed range of control from the 7 faders. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Although the case is made of plastic (rather light plastic I might add) I think that I will hold up. The thing that concerns me the most are the faders and the footpedal. The faders appear to be a piece of some sort of metal (graphite or something of the like) scraping on the length of a dentent in the circuit board to change the level of boost/cut. The only problem with this is that, everything that moves wears down with age, especially things that scrape on other things. So I don't know how long it will last. The complaint with the footpedal is mostly the same. It still features a small piece of metal (which was probably cheaper, god bless Behringer) which seems to pop out of the spring every time you change the battery. But this is easily remedied by using a power supply. // 6

Overall Impression: This pedal combines a large range of sounds with easy to use controls. This more than compensates for the poor quality of the faders, case and footswitch. None of which really matters if you treat them with a little bit of TLC. // 7

Comments